6 skinless chicken thigh fillets
4 shallots – quartered
1 carrot – peeled and diced
8 new red potatoes or salad potatoes – do not peel, cut into quarters
500 ml chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas (250 ml cup)
1 cup frozen sweet corn (250 ml cup)
1 small bunch tarragon – chopped
1 tbsp crème fraîche
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the chicken thighs fillets, shallots, carrot, potatoes, stock and seasoning into a saucepan.
- Place over a medium-low heat, bring up to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas, sweetcorn and tarragon.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to a large serving dish, stir the crème fraîche.
- You could also leave out the small potatoes and serve with mashed sweet potatoes or Spanish mashed potatoes plus freshly cooked seasonal vegetables.