I love potato dishes, hence the site. This is simple to make and bake, even better to eat.
1 kg new season potatoes – unskinned and washed with a soft brush
2 banana shallots – peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp Fines Herbes (see below)
100 grams fromage frais
8 tbsp crème fraîche
Sea salt flakes – for this dish I use Maldon
- Preheat over to 230°C.
- Cover a baking tray in foil – double length of the tray; put to one side.
- Place the potatoes into a lightly oiled baking tray, bake until tender, cut in half, place into a bowl with the shallots, toss to combine.
- Mix the fromage frais with the crème fraîche and stir into the potatoes then transfer to the foil lined tray.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, wrap over the foil and seal all edges.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, adding the herbs for the last 5 minutes.
1 tablespoon of each – tarragon, chervil, chives, parsley
Place into a glass jar, sea tightly and shake to combine. Store in a cool dark place.
1 teaspoon of each, finely chopped – tarragon, chervil, chives, parsley
Combine and use near the end of cooking to preserve their fresh flavour.